Practice Area: Emotional Intelligence Training
Traditional measurements of learning and human intelligence have focused on IQ, or cognitive intelligence, the ability to recall information, apply knowledge, learn new things and think rationally and abstractly. Emotional Intelligence (EI), however, is a more accurate predictor of success in life than a person's IQ.
EI is the intelligent, personal and social aspects of functioning, also known as one’s common’s sense. It is a measure of one’s understanding of oneself and others, the ability to relate to people and to cope with our immediate surroundings. Many studies have shown that these factors directly affect the bottom line. One study, for example, showed that partners in an accounting firm who scored high on EI contributed 78% more in incremental profit than those without those strengths.*
People with high EI know how to use their influence without having to rely on positional authority. The real work in an organization gets done at the informal networks and it is here that the emotionally intelligent do well.
Pat Harmon and her associates are master trainers in Emotional Intelligence, certified in the EQi 2.0 tool, developed by MHS in Toronto, Canada. During each training session, each participant will have an opportunity to fill out a pre-course EQ-i questionnaire, which is the first scientifically validated measure of EI.
Customer Benefits and Desired Outcomes:
- Learn your emotional intelligence score in 15 areas from the diagnostic questionnaire based
on 20 years of research.
- Learn your areas of effectiveness and areas for development
- Gain a understanding of the climate you create as a manager and employee
- See profiles of top performers in various industries
- Develop ways to enhance your influence and power
- Receive one-on-one coaching, analysis and feedback
- Create an action plan to build on your strengths and address your weaknesses
- Learn from a Master Trainer in EQ-i2.0
* Goleman, D. (2002). Primal Leadership, Harvard Business School Publishing